Saint Edmond’s Academy builds boys of character in a community of faith.
Mission Saint Edmond’s Academy is a community of families, educators, and partners inspired by Holy Cross tradition and the values of the Gospel. We are committed to the education of boys from Kindergarten through 8th grade. Incorporating contemporary thought with individualized instruction, a challenging curriculum, and a focus on the core values of heart, mind, hope, zeal, and family, Saint Edmond’s Academy builds boys of character in a community of faith.
History Saint Edmond’s Academy was founded as a partnership between families and the Brothers of the Holy Cross. The inspiration for the founding of Saint Edmond’s Academy was from a group of parents eager to establish a school that would offer the best in educational facilities. The parents were willing to sacrifice their time and means to bring this project to completion. The Brothers of Holy Cross were asked to sponsor the school, and opened the its doors in 1959. The namesake of the school, Bishop Edmond Fitzmaurice, offered his residence at 1301 Delaware Avenue served as the schools’ original location for four years before moving to the current 25 acre estate located on Veale Road. The school opened for grades 4th through 8th and in 2005 expanded to begin enrolling at age five in kindergarten through 8th grade.